My Tempting Tuesday contribution:
TEX MEX BAKE
8 oz pasta
1 pound ground chuck
1 package 10 oz frozen corn thawed
1 & 1/4 c. salsa
16 oz container cottage cheese
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground cumin 1
2 oz shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
Cook beef for 6 minutes in large nonstick skillet. Add salsa and corn then remove from heat.
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Add beef mixture to 11 X 7 dish then alternate cottage cheese and beef mixtures. Add cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes. See other Tempting Tuesday Contributions here on My Avon page: M’s Beauty Fashion & Gift Boutique
OK it’s official: Tuesday is now TEMPTING TUESDAY on my My Avon Facebook Page! Dust off those cookbooks. Open up your recipe files. Ask your friends and family. Whatever you have to do. Then come post your recipes here every Tuesday for TEMPTING TUESDAY! I can’t wait to see and try your recipes. Then we’ll comment here after we try them! Who says Avon Lady’s can’t sell Avon and have fun (and eat, too!)Dust off those cookbooks. Open up your recipe files. Ask your friends and family. Whatever you have to do. Then come post your recipes here every Tuesday for TEMPTING TUESDAY! I can’t wait to see and try your recipes. Then we’ll comment here after we try them! Who says Avon Lady’s can’t sell Avon and have fun (and eat, too!)
I have to have this every time I go to Chili’s so yummy! Have you ever had it or do you have another Chili’s favorite?
Chili’s Loaded Baked Potato Soup
2 medium potatoes (about 2 cups chopped)
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup diced white onion
2 tablespoons flour
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups instant mashed potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/8 teaspoon thyme
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
2 green onions, chopped (green part only)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake the potatoes or 1 hour or until done. When potatoes have cooked remove them from the oven to cool.
2. As potatoes cool prepare soup by melting butter in a large saucepan, and sauté onion until light brown. Add the flour to the onions and stir to make a roux.
3. Add stock, water, cornstarch, mashed potatoes, and spices to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out contents with a large spoon. Discard skin. Chop baked potato with a large knife to make chunks that are about 1/2-inch in size.
5. Add chopped baked potato and half-and-half to the saucepan, bring soup back to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer the soup for another 15 minutes or until it is thick.
6. Spoon about 1 1/2 cups of soup into a bowl and top with about a tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese, a half tablespoon of crumbled bacon and a teaspoon or so of chopped green onion. Repeat for remaining servings.